* Editing digital video and audio according to a shot list, script, or screenplay.
* Selecting the most effective shot of a scene in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity.
* Converting analog video and audio into digital formats.
* Capturing video and audio into digital editing systems.
* Improving and maintaining the quality of video and audio footage.
* Assembling and archiving all raw and edited footage in a structured matter.
* Incorporating styles and techniques like motion effects and graphic elements.
* Creating visual concepts that match the content and the image wanted by the clients.
* Consulting with the director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process.
* Education and degree(s) in disciplines related to the primary responsibilities.
* Experience of working in a communications / interactive media environment is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of digital linear/non-linear recording and editing equipment and software.
* Knowledge of the common streaming media formats, particular including the internet compatible formats.
* Ability to express in good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
* Attention to detail, customer-service orientation and creativity in problem-solving.
* Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way.
* Superior knowledge of current visual trends and techniques and a strong portfolio.