* Create design prototypes, including graphic design and layout of content, for digital and print media.
* Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary.
* Create visual concepts that match the content and the image wanted by the clients and ensure that interactive media (like websites) are easy to navigate.
* Build websites using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible. The ability to work with current Content Management Systems is a must.
* Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites when requested by clients.
* Provide training on maintenance and update procedures to clients who choose to take charge of their own websites.
* Education and degree(s) in disciplines related to the primary responsibilities.
* Experience of working in a communications / public relations environment is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of digital imaging and illustration with Photoshop, Fireworks, Indesign and Illustrator.
* Knowledge of the common print media formats
* Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
* Experience with File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
* Ability to express in good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
* Attention to detail, customer-service orientation and creativity in problem-solving.
* Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way.
* Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques and a strong online portfolio.