* Create standalone and dependent software and databases for websites, online and offline media.
* Ensure that the layout of the projects are accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary.
* Build the technical side of websites and applications using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible. The ability to work with current Content Management Systems is a must.
* Perform maintenance and updates to existing projects when requested by clients.
* Provide training on maintenance and update procedures to clients who choose to take charge of their own websites an applications.
* Education and degree(s) in disciplines related to the primary responsibilities.
* Experience of working in a web / online applications developing environment is highly desirable.
* Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
* Ability to express in good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
* Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving.
* Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way to provide training to staff and faculty.
* Superior knowledge of current online trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio and experience with web database solutions.